Fully updated and revised, the new edition features:
- A comprehensive introduction to the purpose and nature of research
- Expanded coverage of writing a research plan or proposal
- Advice on finding and managing information
- An overview of qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection and analysis, as well as more on mixed methods research designs
- New sections on digital media and online research methods
- Brand new exercises and examples to provide students from across the social sciences with the practical tools needed to succeed in their project
The new edition is essential reading for students at all levels across the social sciences who want a lively, straightforward guide to planning their research project.